Private SSAT Tutoring
Since 2005, we have helped numerous students improve their confidence and test scores on the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT), required for admission to many private elementary, middle, and high schools. Combined with our academic subject tutoring, we provide the most comprehensive program to increase your child’s chances of acceptance to his or her dream school. Our clients have even included other professionals in the field of education - teachers, Ivy League professors, and members of the Princeton University administration. Our exceptional private tutors will create a customized approach tailored specifically for your needs. After each session, you’ll receive a detailed progress report to track your child’s improvement (please click here to view a real recap from one of our SSAT tutoring sessions).
What Parents Say about Our SSAT Tutors
“We just received very positive results from our daughter’s SSAT test and are very pleased at the improvement in her scores! We know it’s the result of her tutoring sessions with Stephanie, a lot of hard work and of course practice, practice, practice! Thank you.”
Parent of 8th grader, Stuart Country Day School
Please visit our testimonials page to read what other parents have said about our amazing tutors. We receive messages like these every week!
Why Princeton Tutoring?
The BEST SSAT Tutors – Our rigorous recruiting and testing process ensures that we have the best SSAT and school admissions tutors as well as all other subjects. Our tutors are former valedictorians, founders of volunteer groups, and top athletes, who are deeply engaged in a multitude of activities and will bring that same high-level commitment to your child’s education.
The Most Effective Matching Process – No need for you to scroll through dozens of potentially unqualified tutor profiles. Our experienced staff will match you with the tutor who will be the perfect fit for your child’s unique needs.
Post-Tutoring Recaps – Session summaries keep you in the loop, help you track progress, and give you peace of mind.
Satisfaction Guaranteed – We have an impressive track record of increased scores and confidence, and many of our clients are returning customers or referrals. This is why we can offer the best guarantee in the industry.
What further differentiates us from the competition is our genuine desire to help your child succeed. Both Kevin and I started tutoring in high school and continued throughout our college years at Princeton and beyond. We chose to tutor because it was extremely rewarding and something we truly enjoyed.
Princeton Tutoring was born out of the early successes of our former clients and our desire to provide high-quality tutoring to other families. We understand better than most what parents are looking for, what children need, and which qualities make the best tutors.
Thank you for considering us. We look forward to speaking with you and working with your child to help fulfill his or her academic potential.
Princeton Tutoring's SSAT Methodology
Either the Secondary School Admission Test or the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) is required for admission to many private elementary, middle, and high schools. There are three levels of the SSAT:
- Elementary (for students currently in grades 3-4)
- Middle (for students currently in grades 5-7)
- Upper (for students currently in grades 8-11)
While the SSAT has no relation to the SAT or College Board, it is organized in a fairly similar way, and some consider the test an indication of future performance on the SAT.
What is the one most important factor for an increased SSAT score?
Practice! If your child is self-motivated and has the time to prepare on his or her own, then there’s actually no need for one of our tutors. However, elementary and middle school students might be taking a standardized test of this sort for the first time. And unfortunately, most high school students are busy with an increasingly difficult and time-consuming academic workload, not to mention numerous extracurricular activities.
What are the benefits of private SSAT tutoring?
One of the main benefits of our private SSAT tutors is to ensure that your child is preparing efficiently to maximize results in the shortest amount of time.
Additionally, while we teach your child the most useful strategies and tips needed to succeed on the SSAT, our main focus is on making sure your child truly understands the concepts tested.
- Diagnostic test using real questions from the creators of the SSAT to accurately identify weaknesses and strengths.
- Development of customized curriculum
- One-on-one tutoring sessions to work on problem areas and review strategies
- Assignment and review of homework and practice problems
- Timed practice tests to track improvement
- Practice, review, practice, review, practice!
What Are the Next Steps for an Increased Score?
- Understand Your Needs
- You will have a consultation with one of our partners or directors, all of whom are experts in education.
- We will identify your goals, and learn more about your child’s academic strengths and weaknesses, testing history, materials used, learning styles, personality, and interests
- Make a Perfect Match
- Our partners have more than 15 years of experience matching clients to the right tutors – and we are VERY good at it.
- Customized SSAT Tutoring
- Each tutoring session is tailored specifically for your child’s unique needs.
- Your tutor will analyze your diagnostic test for strenghts and weaknesses, develop a game plan, explain confusing concepts, and assign lots of homework
- Proper strategies, tips, and test-taking techniques will be emphasized and reinforced at every session
- Post-Tutoring Recaps
- After every tutoring session, you will receive a detailed progress report to keep you informed.