Private PLAN Tutoring
Since 2005, we have helped numerous students improve their confidence and scores on the Preliminary ACT (PLAN). Our clients have even included other professionals in the field of education - teachers, Ivy League professors, and members of the Princeton University administration. Whether your child is taking the PLAN for the first time or is looking to fine-tune a specific section, our exceptional private PLAN tutors will create a customized approach tailored specifically for your needs. After each session, you'll receive a detailed progress report to track your child's improvement on the PLAN.
Please visit our testimonials page to read what other parents have said about our amazing tutors. We receive messages like these every week!
Why Princeton Tutoring?
The BEST SAT Tutors – Our rigorous recruiting and testing process ensures that we have the best tutors in the PLAN as well as all other subjects. Our tutors are former valedictorians, founders of volunteer groups, and top athletes, who are deeply engaged in a multitude of activities and will bring that same high-level commitment to your child’s education.
The Most Effective Matching Process – No need for you to scroll through dozens of potentially unqualified tutor profiles. Our experienced staff will match you with the tutor who will be the perfect fit for your child’s unique needs.
Post-Tutoring Recaps – Session summaries keep you in the loop, help you track progress, and give you peace of mind.
Satisfaction Guaranteed – We have an impressive track record of increased scores and confidence, and many of our clients are returning customers or referrals. This is why we can offer the best guarantee in the industry.
What further differentiates us from the competition is our genuine desire to help your child succeed. Both Kevin and I started tutoring in high school and continued throughout our college years at Princeton and beyond. We chose to tutor because it was extremely rewarding and something we truly enjoyed.
Princeton Tutoring was born out of the early successes of our former clients and our desire to provide high-quality tutoring to other families. We understand better than most what parents are looking for, what children need, and which qualities make the best tutors.
Thank you for considering us. We look forward to speaking with you and working with your child to help fulfill his or her academic potential.
Princeton Tutoring's PLAN Methodology
The PLAN or Preliminary ACT is administered during sophomore year of high school. The PLAN mimics the structure of the ACT and generally provides an indicator of future ACT performance.
What is the one most important factor for an increased PLAN score?
Practice! If your child is self-motivated and has the time to prepare on his or her own, then there’s actually no need for one of our tutors. Unfortunately, most high school students are busy with an increasingly difficult and time-consuming academic workload, not to mention numerous extracurricular activities.
What are the benefits of private PLAN tutoring?
One of the main benefits of our private PLAN tutors is to ensure that your child is preparing efficiently to maximize results in the shortest amount of time.
Additionally, while we teach your child the most useful strategies and tips needed to succeed on the PLAN, our main focus is on making sure your child truly understands the concepts tested.
- Diagnostic test using real materials from the ACT to accurately identify weaknesses and strengths
- Development of customized curriculum
- One-on-one tutoring sessions to work on problem areas and review strategies
- Assignment and review of homework and practice problems
- Timed practice tests to track improvement
- Practice, review, practice, review, practice!
Our SAT tutors actually enjoy taking standardized exams, with many of them scoring perfect scores on the various sections. Some of our tutors teach all three sections; some are math specialists; some are critical reading and writing specialists. Several have founded their own SAT test prep programs and have previously worked for larger test prep companies as teachers, test graders, and consultants.
What Are the Next Steps for an Increased Score?
- Understand Your Needs
- You will have a consultation with one of our partners or directors, all of whom are experts in education.
- We will identify your goals, and learn more about your child’s academic strengths and weaknesses, testing history, materials used, learning styles, personality, and interests
- Make a Perfect Match
- Our partners have more than 15 years of experience matching clients to the right tutors – and we are VERY good at it.
- Customized PLAN Tutoring
- Each tutoring session is tailored specifically for your child’s unique needs.
- Your tutor will analyze your diagnostic test for strenghts and weaknesses, develop a game plan, explain confusing concepts, and assign lots of homework
- Proper strategies, tips, and test-taking techniques will be emphasized and reinforced at every session
- Post-Tutoring Recaps
- After every tutoring session, you will receive a detailed progress report to keep you informed.