Early Guidance Packages
While the Strategic Plan developed by the counselor lays out a roadmap for the student, the next step is the successful implementation of that roadmap. With our Early Guidance packages, the counselor will provide oversight and expert guidance until junior year to ensure that your student is doing everything possible to maximize his or her admissions chances.
- Academic and personal goal development
- Revising and updating the Strategic Plan as necessary based on updated goals and interests
- Advice on course selection to ensure challenging but appropriate classes
- Solidification of testing schedule for the PSAT/PLAN, SAT/ACT, and SAT II Subject Tests
- Collaboration to identify appropriate extracurricular activities and summer programs
- Early thoughts on college essays
- Strategy to develop relationships with teachers
Some families need minimal guidance. Others request ongoing support over several years. Therefore, we offer several different packages:
- Early Guidance – 2 sessions, 1 hour each
- Early Guidance – 4 sessions, 1 hour each
- Early Guidance – 8 sessions, 1 hour each
- Early Guidance – 12 sessions, 1 hour each
These one-hour sessions are scheduled throughout the year (typically four sessions per year) and families can purchase additional hours if more time is needed. Please note that these hours must be used before December 20th of junior year.