Current client and want to make a payment? Please visit our client portal.
Meeting Your Tutors
- Telephone introductions: Prior to the first face-to-face tutoring session, we encourage parents to speak with their tutors over the telephone. Parents can use this time to get to know their tutors and ask them any questions about how they plan on working with your child. The tutor will also use this time to learn as much as possible about what type of specific academic help your child needs. We do not charge clients for the time incurred during telephone introductions.
- Face-to-face session: During the telephone introduction, you will arrange an initial time and place for your first face-to-face tutoring session. The time spent during this first face-to-face session is billable at the standard hourly tutoring rate. Most clients use this first session as a standard tutoring session. If you arrange the first meeting as a "meet and greet" session or a further consultation, Princeton Tutoring still reserves the right to bill you for this time.
- Princeton Tutoring offers our clients several different payment packages. Please contact Princeton Tutoring for more information.
- Your hours never expire. Your hours can also be used for tutoring for any other academic subjects or standardized tests.
- If you are not happy with a session, whether it is the first or the twentieth session, please let us know before the next session and we will not charge you for the unsatisfactory session (up to 1 hour). We will work with you until we find a suitable replacement tutor.
Refund of Unused Hours
- We are able to refund any unused package hours
- Refunds will incur minor processing fees - these are simply pass-through costs billed by our bank and are not marked up by Princeton Tutoring
Invoicing & Payments
- All payments must be made online or by check
- Please do not pay tutors. All payments are to be made directly to Princeton Tutoring
Minimum Session Length
- In general, each tutoring session will be billed at a minimum of 1 hr
- However, shorter sessions may be granted occasionally. Please first obtain approval from the tutor. Otherwise, you may be billed for the full hour.
Cancellations & Lateness
- Please allow 24 hours or more before scheduled tutoring sessions to make cancellations. Princeton Tutoring reserves the right to bill clients for cancellations made within 24 hours of a tutoring session.
- Princeton Tutoring reserves the right to bill clients for waiting time in the case of a late arrival or a failure of a student to show up for a scheduled tutoring session.
Activities Included with Tutoring Hour
- Preparation time required to cover tutoring lesson content
- Tutoring time and time required to compile a tutoring session recap
- Reasonable quantity of quick emails and/or phone calls (< 5 minutes) between parents, students, and tutors. Princeton Tutoring reserves the right to bill communication time for parents who desire frequent and lengthy email/telephone/face-to-face contact with tutors outside of regular tutoring hours.
Additional Billable Activities
- Essay editing and feedback outside of tutoring sessions
- Email contact with teachers and guidance counselors
- Special projects requested by clients (i.e. curriculum development, etc...)
- Telephone communications with students outside of tutoring sessions (Minimum time 15 minutes)
- Frequent and lengthy communications with parents outside of regular tutoring hours
Princeton Tutoring works with your child's current textbooks and materials. If clients would like a tutor to use additional teaching materials, they may provide these materials to the tutor.